Friday, September 14, 2018

Yesterday, I went for a run without my shirt for the first time in 10 years (31M).

While this may not seem like a big deal to some people, for me, it was amazing.

I have struggled to lose weight for many years now. Like many people, I have bounced back and forth between diets, always gaining slightly more than the time before.

3 months ago, I began IF and it really helped make a difference. I saw noticeable weight loss and it felt great. I plateaued after a while and started only drinking coffee and water as well as exercising. With weight lifting and running, I broke through my plateau and continued to lose weight.

My weight loss slowed down a lot but measurements have continued to go down. I have put on a considerable amount of muscle and I believe that as attributed to my slowed weight loss.

Anyways, the other day I ran without my shirt and didn't feel like I looked disgusting. I also felt cooler than with a shirt and didn't tire out as quickly.

I think the important message I took away from my experience is to set small goals within your major goal. It helps you to stay focused and small accomplishments are needed when you lose motivation. Also, measurements should be used with the scale, as only relying on one can be demotivating.

I know this is not a big deal and others have made incredible weight losses, but I haven't felt this accomplished in a long time and wanted to share. Thanks for reading and good luck everyone in your journey, stay focused!

submitted by /u/xshishkax
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xdOqIY

No comments:

Post a Comment