Monday, April 1, 2019

62.3 lbs down in 115 days

I'm a 45-year-old, 5' 11" man and started out weighing 258.6 lbs on December 7, 2018. As of today, I weigh 196.3 lbs and have a goal weight of ~170 lbs. What has worked for me is a combination of calorie counting (to reduce caloric intake) and exercise (to increase caloric usage). I haven't focused on any particular macronutrient balance but try to pick from foods similar to what the Mayo Clinic lists on this page:

https://diet.mayoclinic.org/diet/eat/follow-the-mayo-clinic-healthy-weight-pyramid

Because of my rapid weight loss, my doctor has been monitoring my EKG, labs, and food logs. In general, I think it's recommended to have medical supervision if you are losing more than 2 lbs per week. During the more rapid period of weight loss (first 40 days or so), my doctor also prescribed me a medication to lower the risk of gallstones.

Here is a progress pic (same shirt in both pics):

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7824/47515712121_05da74dfeb_b.jpg

The table below shows the summary stats for my weight loss journey to date. I hope this helps someone. Happy to answer any questions.

Average calories per day (Lose It!) 1446 kcal
Average weight change per day -0.55 lbs
Average weight change per week -3.8 lbs
Average net calories per day (calculated based on cals in and weight change with assumption of 3500 kcal/lb, ie pure fat mass loss) -1913 kcal
Average calories out per day (calculated based on cals in and weight change with assumption of 3500 kcal/lb, ie pure fat mass loss) 3359 kcal
Average calories out per day reported by Fitbit 3662 kcal
Average calories out overestimation by Fitbit 9.0%
Average steps per day (Fitbit) 18.7k
Average gym visits per week (weights) 3.2
Starting BMI 36.0
Current BMI 27.4
Starting % fat, average of 7 days of measurements using Fitbit Aria 35.3
Current % fat, average of 7 days of measurements using Tanita RD-545IM 26.9

submitted by /u/amin4791
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TNpTmL

No comments:

Post a Comment