Thursday, April 4, 2019

Dieting and 24 hour shifts.

Does anyone else work long shifts? If so, how does this effect your diet and weight loss?

I have done really well since losing my baby in December (currently down 45 lbs, weighing 137 lbs at 5'5"). I would like to get down to the 120s so I still have a bit to lose. I recently started back working 24 hour shifts. Some of these shifts I will get a couple hours of sleep, and some are exhausting and I have no down time at all. During these shifts where it is crazy busy I have been getting really hungry. I pack my food so I am not eating unhealthy, but I am now getting tempted to buy junk food from the cafeteria. I get off my shifts around 8 am and typically I do not sleep until 10pm that night, so essentially I am awake for ~42 hours. Should I just keep packing my food and sticking to my diet, or are there any other recommendations for these crazy days?

I have not calorie counted at all and I have lost these 45 lbs by just being mindful of what I am eating. My weight loss is significantly slowing down, which is okay with me as long as I am still losing. On my days off I try to work out (which is around 5 days a week).

Today I had half a container of overnight oats made with almond milk for breakfast (~150 calories). Lunch was ~4oz grilled steak and a grilled corn on the cob plus a handful of grapes. Dinner was ~4oz grilled steak and a grilled corn on the cob plus a greek yogurt. Then I was still hungry so I had 4 thin mint cookies (160 calories) and skinny pop (100 calories). Late this evening I had baked chips from the cafeteria :( I am disappointed in myself for eating more than I brought.

Any recommendations for these crazy days?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/aes628
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2uJwK6s

No comments:

Post a Comment