Thursday, April 11, 2019

Excited to join work after losing 12kgs postpartum 31F 5'2"

I had a baby girl 6 Months back by C section. I have has weight loss as my resolution every year . The language used to change each year...i want to run a 10k, I want to fit into that jeans, I want to look good during this vacation/ wedding but the goal was always weight loss. I turned 30 and it never happened. Around my 30th birthday, we were trying to have a baby and it had been 6 Months of trying so I told myself that it's the weight that's hindering this (just in my head, had nothing to do with the weight). This was also when I was at my heaviest ever weight of 70kgs. I started keto in December 2018, lost 4 kgs and in January 2018, i found out that I am pregnant. During my pregnancy, I gained 12 kgs and was 78kgs the day i had my baby. Since it was a C section, my doctor advised me to avoid exercise for the first 6 weeks. Post that i started walking a bit and eating healthy and the weight was coming off easily somehow and i got 72kgs in first month. Then my husband got an overseas assignment and postpartum anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks. I started eating a lot and told myself I deserved it because I was breastfeeding. Sweets and pizzas became my go-to and within the next month I was back at 74kgs. Being at home alone with the baby made the anxiety worse. I decided that I needed a distraction and a reason to get out of home. I joined a fitness class and starting going there for an hour everyday. The first month was mainly trying out different workouts and finding what worked for me. They have an app and everything is gamified so you get badges for everything like number of classes, calories, steps etc. All that just got so much fun and first time in life, I went for workouts 5days/week. Second month onwards I started regulating my diet...nothing crazy but just avoiding takeouts and cutting down on sugar. Within 3 months of joining, I am back at 66kgs, which is lower than the weight I started my pregnancy at! I am starting office next week...All my old clothes fit and I feel great. I get surprised at how much energy I have throughout the fitness class. Recently met some co-workers at a friend's house and got so many compliments on how fit I look! All this has helped me so much with my anxiety as well since I diverted all my energy towards the class, making me a much better and happier mom. I hope I will be able to keep the momentum going and reach my goal weight of 57kgs soon!

submitted by /u/guptiee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2uVJOWs

No comments:

Post a Comment