Thursday, April 11, 2019

Has anyone here ever been told by a therapist (or equivalent, someone educated in that kind of field) that your attempts at weight loss is actually parasuicidal behaviour?

I.E. I'm (supposedly) not intentionally trying to commit suicide but deep down I'm subconsciously thinking about it and that's manifesting in my new motivation to exercise and lose weight - because exercising as much as I'm starting to isn't healthy for a fat person like me.

I got told that yesterday.

Err, no, love. No. There's no suicidal notions anywhere in me. I'm getting my shit together and losing weight precisely so I DON'T die sooner than I should, thanks all the same, whereas if I don't I'll end up getting a bloody heart attack by the time I'm 50. (I'm nearly 40.) NOT exercising is far more suicidal than exercising could ever be for me.

Seriously wtf?

Thankfully this is a friend and not my therapist, else I'd be finding a new one at this point.

submitted by /u/Anon362
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ks8C31

No comments:

Post a Comment