Saturday, April 6, 2019

Hello, a longtime lurker is finally posting.

Hi, everyone. I guess I'm probably here for the same basic reason as everyone else (i.e. I want to lose weight). For a long time I didn't want to join here, as I tend to favour other methods over methodical calorie counting for losing weight.

They are methods which have worked before (and still do for the weight loss that I have maintained over the years). I tend to find it more helpful to be calorie aware, but focus more on mindful/intuitive eating, proper portion sizes and re-adjusting/re-learning my hunger and satiety cues.

NOTE: I don't want to disparage or fight with anyone who finds strict calorie counting to be more effective. I think that people with more mathematical/analytical minds than I have may well find it to be a more useful method. We're all different.

About me:

I am 5 foot 4, 23 years old, female and weigh 146 lbs (when I last weighed myself a couple of days ago.) I've since then had a massive binge (first clue to one of my problems right there).

My highest weight was in my teen years. I weighed 175 lbs. (It may have been a bit more before I started recording, but I don't think it was more than 180 lbs).

I lost a lot of weight when I was 18, and my lowest weight was 104 lbs.

I gained back some and oscillated between 118-128 (lbs) for a while.

Then I quit my job, fell into an awful depression (not diagnosed, but sure feels like it), stopped going to the gym, began binge eating and gained weight rapidly. The highest I went up to was about 150 lbs. I've since been stuck between 140-150 lbs (about the last 3 years) and can't get below this due to the fact that I keep self-sabotaging and binge-eating.

I have got back into exercising and weight lifting at home, so I hope that I still have some decent level of strength/muscle tone. I'm not sure what my exact goal weight is, but I would like to get down to around 120 lbs. That seems to be a good weight for my height, and I feel like it should be a reasonable enough goal.

I could tell you about all of this in more detail, but I didn't want my introduction post to be too long. I'm hoping to find a supportive community and helpful advice in this forum. I'm happy to help anyone else out too (though I'm not sure how much use any of my advice would be). Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks for reading. x

submitted by /u/jiggle-bells
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FVS7Xv

No comments:

Post a Comment