Saturday, April 6, 2019

Trying not to get fixated on numbers

Hey guys!

It's been four months roughly since I started trying to lose weight, though my heaviest was a few years ago. I'm 24f, 164cm and 158lbs now, though my heaviest was 185lbs. Most of that weight I've lost by CICO and going on daily walk/jogs.

My weight loss was quick to begin with, though it's slowed down significantly recently. It's something that's been bothering me, since my BMI still reads as overweight (hovering around 26). I played on sports teams all through high school and college (soccer, track, cross-country, rugby, swimming, and I lifted weights), and since most of my muscle mass from those days hasn't completely disappeared, that will probably mean that I'm not likely to get to the lower end of a healthy weight BMI anytime soon.

That being said, it would be really gratifying to see that number go down just a bit into the healthy range! I get discouraged focusing so much on the number and get frustrated with myself. And when I'm angry, I'm more likely to grab an extra slice of bread, or a couple mars bars because of my negative thinking. I like the way I look now, and feel more confident about it than ever before, so it's so easy to just say fuck it! when I'm frustrated!

submitted by /u/DefinitelyDevi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FU7cJ3

No comments:

Post a Comment