Saturday, April 6, 2019

TDEE for weight loss seems too low to be achievable, given my exercise routine, any advice?

I’m 161cm (5’3”) and 66kg (145lbs) with 30% body fat. I’m trying to get into a healthy BMI range, and particularly reduce my body fat percentage.

When I use tdeecalculator.net, it calculates my maintenance calories for a sedentary lifestyle (I work a desk job), at 1642 kcals per day. At the recommended 500kcal deficit this leaves 1142 kcals for weight loss - which just feels too small to me!

I also workout 6 days a week at the gym - 3 days of HIIT interval training (30-40 minutes lighter weight, high reps, constant movement and elevated heart rate), plus 3 days of lifting weights (60 minutes sessions, split routine).

I know a lot of people discourage “eating back your exercise calories”, but 1142 kcals feels too little, so I’ve been hitting an average of 1500 daily kcals for the last six months. Over the first four months doing this I lost 7kg (15lbs), but the last two I’ve been plateaued at 66kg (145lbs). Do I really need to drop my kcals more, or could there be something else that needs to change?

Any tips on making 1142 kcals feel more satisfying would be greatly appreciated too!

submitted by /u/curi0uss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WQAcYR

No comments:

Post a Comment