Saturday, April 6, 2019

A little fantasy that keeps me motivated and focused on my goals

I keep a little story in my mind that helps me remain motivated and focused on my goals.

I go to my doctor's office for a routine physical. He reminds me yet again that I need to lose weight. Samples are taken. I get a call the following week asking me to come back in. When I return for my follow-up, my doctor is ashen-faced and on edge. He tells me I have six months to live at most.

Crestfallen and panicky, I asked if there is ANYTHING I can do? My doctor nods "yes", but then dismisses his thoughts. I ask what it is!?! He looks me square in the eye and says "if you can show significant weight loss and a gain in physical fitness in the coming 6 months through a careful/safe diet and exercise, you should be fine. If you do not, you're done."

Just think about that...

submitted by /u/MatteoAttenborough
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FU8qUL

No comments:

Post a Comment