Sunday, April 7, 2019

I guess I have a “Dad bod” now.

Kind of sounds insulting right? But it was absolutely the biggest compliment I’ve gotten in awhile

I have just hit 65lbs down. Nothing fits. So I went to a very schmancy place that before the weight loss would not have been available to me. I walked in and asked to try something on, they asked me my size, and I defaulted to my usual response when I’m somewhere high end with European sizing: “let’s start with the biggest and figure it out from there”

The sales associate looks at me funny and says “I don’t think you’re anywhere near our biggest size. Let me sort you out.”

She came out with the equivalent to a Medium and it fit! (hallelujah chorus angels) I responded “that’s great! As a big guy you always fear the dreaded thats our biggest and it doesn’t fit. “

Sales associate replied “Big guy? I think the most we are dealing with is dad bod. You look great!”

I shrugged on the outside. But on the inside I felt like I had just done cocaine. I was hyped.

I bought the shirt mostly for the memory of the interaction and how I felt.

submitted by /u/DooWahDiddyDoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2uSqdGx

No comments:

Post a Comment