Sunday, April 7, 2019

NSFW [M36] 6’1” SW 237 CW 160 GW?

Album: https://imgur.com/a/bRmI5U6

I know the boat looks messy, but do not judge me too harshly. I am in the middle of some major maintenance and half the boat is disassembled, including several of my storage lockers. I did not previously have a refrigerator and I am installing one now, among many other things. I am looking forward to opening my diet variety.

I was thinking about losing another 5 pounds, but a few people have told me I should think about gaining a few pounds. I have been consulting with my doctor and have his approval on this weight loss. In fact, my bloodwork improved so much that he was quite interested in my diet. I had improvement across the board, the most significant being my total cholesterol dropping from 239 to 160. My doctor was going to put me on medication when I crossed 240.

I tried a lot of different diets and the one that worked for me was a kind of raw-pescatarian-paleo diet with caloric limitation of 1600 calories a day for 17 months. I also eliminated my intake of everything with added sugar or sugar substitutes and reduced my drinking to one night per week, no more than 6 beers or one bottle of wine. I usually do not drink my full limit though. I had a lot of setbacks in those 17 months, it is so nice to finally be where I am now. The biggest differences I have noticed are a massive decrease in my alcohol tolerance, a decrease in my tolerance to cold temperatures, and a perception that people seem more respectful and pleasant to me.

Most of my exercise is based around low intensity cardio. Typical workouts include 6 mile light run on sand/hills, 30 minutes open ocean swim, or 2 miles of kayaking. I live on a boat in Panama and do not have access to a gym. I do have some gymnastics rings I hoist up the mast for body weight exercises. Moving forward, I am still debating on focusing on endurance training or strength training. Another unbelievable change has been a decrease in my resting heart rate. My previous rate was usually in the high 60’s, but has dropped to 42 average.

So, what should I do? Drop a few pounds more and try to have six-pack abs for the first time in my life, build more muscle, add some fat back, or something completely different?

submitted by /u/CruisingAlaya
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2I1zepm

No comments:

Post a Comment