Monday, April 8, 2019

I’ve (30/f) lost 70 lbs but gained hormonal cystic acne and I think depression, has anyone else been through this? I feel so alone

I really started my weight loss journey summer of 2017 and made it to my first goal weight in summer 2018 (70 lbs lost). The last 7 months of my life have been so hard ever since. Nothing else in my life has changed besides my weight. I’ve had clear skin my entire life! I’ve always been pretty positive and hopeful as well. But these past 7 months have been hell.

I started getting cystic acne around my cheeks. Cystic acne isn’t just a normal zit. It’s painful and leaves scarring. So I now have red scars along my cheeks along with feeling so low. It’s a different level of sadness, hopelessness, and loss of interest in everything. I’m no doctor but I’ve tried to research and I feel like it’s a hormonal imbalance due to losing that amount of weight.

I’ve read a few things that stated estrogen is stored in fat so it makes sense that a major weight loss could result in hormonal changes. I would’ve already been to the doctor for answers but I applied for health insurance during the enrollment period and had some issues. I’m now waiting for my insurance card in the mail and can’t wait to go to figure this all out soon.

I guess I’m just here to see if anyone has been through this??? I feel blindsided and so lost at times. On top of feeling such low self esteem when I should be proud of my transformation. It just sucks. I feel out of control of my own mood and thoughts. I’ve never ever been so low in my life. I hope a doctor can help me because I just don’t want to feel like this anymore. It’s progressively getting worse and I need a light at the end of this dark tunnel.

If anyone has been through something similar I’d love to hear any advice or what helped you... Thank you

submitted by /u/hmxo88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2UpJ6Qv

No comments:

Post a Comment