Monday, April 8, 2019

Thank you r/LoseIt! A total of 70 pounds down in 6 months and a new outlook on life.

I struggled throughout my teenage years with my eating habits, eating out almost everyday with no regard for the nutritional information. I finally had a moment in October while in the shower looking at my body and being disgusted as usual, saying to myself that I needed to make a change, like many of the others times I’ve told myself this, I made no changes and continued. But this time was different, I had to change, I wouldn’t live very long if I continued down this path.

I had self confidence issues and wasn’t very happy, always saying to myself that I had no chance with any girl because of the way I looked. I learned later during this process that I should be doing this for myself, not solely for the appeasement of others.

I hadn’t looked into LoseIt before, despite using Reddit everyday. I searched reddit for a weight loss subreddit and found this sub. I quickly saw all the success stories and decided to read all I could about CICO. I learned more and more about it and slowly but surely started to lower my calorie limit every day until I got used to eating less (took me a long time to not be still hungry after meals). I started to see weight drop off fast (it helps being a 19 year old!). I started doing any form of cardio everyday for about 2 months which was mainly doing the treadmill and other machines at the gym. I switched to playing basketball instead which was one of my favorite sports to play when I was younger and not out of breath every time I played. I made sure to play hard and have fun so I could have similar results to the treadmill while enjoying it.

I got used to restricting myself after the first few months and was more inclined to take progress pics because of the success I have had. I never took one at my beginning weight because I was so ashamed to see myself like this without the guarantee of success.

I reached my goal weight this past Sunday clocking in at 165 pounds! I calorie counted religiously and limited cheat days to just special occasions (Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner, etc).

I’m feeling happier about myself and slowly gaining self confidence. I couldn’t have done it without the introduction to the importance of calorie counting from you guys and your amazing stories! Thank you so much!

Here are some progress pics.

[19M] [235—>165]

#1

#2

#3 Before

submitted by /u/JE2DP15
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YXno4V

No comments:

Post a Comment