Monday, April 8, 2019

[SV/NSV] First Week Complete!

Posting this on a throw away account because may friends know my real reddit account and I don't want them to know how much I actually weighed.

So today marks 1 week of starting my journey. First of all I should start by saying I'm a 24 year old female and last week I tipped the scale at 300.1LB. Today when I stepped on the scale I weighed 290.9LB. This is such a scale victory, but I acknowledge 9 pounds every week is unrealistic and won't happen every week, it's only melting off now because I'm just starting out, but that's where my NSV comes into play.

I STARTED! At 300lb's I felt doomed by my weight and trapped. Sure I wanted to lose weight but I didn't know how. I didn't know what would work best, but after a health crisis scare, I decided that was exactly the push I needed to tell myself enough was enough, and I finally just started. Day one was full of mainly just eating foods that were healthier options and drinking lots of water but filled with research.

By day 2 I started walking. Not a whole lot because I didn't want to push myself too hard, just 10 mins was more than I normally got. Today on day 7, I've done two days this week that consisted of 1 hour worth of moderately paced walking, and 2-3 days of 20 or 30 mins, and it feels good. I challenge myself to drink at least 2 litres of water every day, and have been sticking as close to a 1500 cal budget as I can but there'a been a few days where I was way under budget but still felt full so I didn't eat or snack. Even on the day's I'm under budget, I still choose not to have that cookie, or piece of chocolate. It fits in my budget, but my body doesn't need it.

This is the most serious I've ever taken my weight loss, and I'm so proud. I know I've got a long way to go, and it's gonna suck some days. Every day will be full of temptation, but I just gotta tell myself no. I'm still so young and have so much I want to do with my life, but I have to actually be around to be able to do it.

So if you are also just starting out, just start. It seems daunting at first but once you get into the swing of things, it begins to feel good. I wish I started sooner.

Just for stats- SW: 300.1LB CW: 290.9LB GW: 150LB

submitted by /u/BMorden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2OWC0wM

No comments:

Post a Comment