Tuesday, April 9, 2019

My weight loss transformation story (if i can do it, you can too)

Please note: this is the very first post/time coming out with my story. I've not really been the social media person.

When I was younger (about 14) I was teased and bullied about my weight- it really made me feel low and depressed.. i was also dealing with my parents divorce so it wasn't a good time in my life.

I remember I came home crying to my mum one day and I said I don't care what it takes, I'm going to lose the weight. So I started my weight loss journey. I got into a little sport (rugby) and that got me out of the house-I was losing some but not a lot. Also my confidence was crippled by everything what was going on around me.

Eventually I got a girlfriend around 16, (I was still chubby), but we broke up and again I had to pick myself up. By this time I was drinking on the weekend, still trying to escape reality. I felt really lonely but I realised the only one who can change me is me. I got into acting which helped rebuild my confidence. I ended up isolating myself and decided to really lose the weight and I had to change my ways.

I was doing home workouts and was eating well. That's when things started to change. I was working out 5-4x per week, Resistance training mixed with cardio and eating on a calorie controlled diet. Probs around 2000 kcals. Sometimes I mixed it up, by doing running, HIIT training (things that require very little equipment). I also loved the social aspect of a gym.

I got to the body I wanted and my confidence was really showing. I would talk to people and actually make eye-contact. I began to really respect myself. Got into meditation and yoga. It was then I realised that this is what I want to teach when I am older. So I came out of drama school, worked in the lowest degrading jobs (pot washer and cleaner), saved up my money and paid to become a qualified personal trainer. Btw I have a degree 2:1 in acting but it's got me nowhere. So if you're thinking about a degree-think smartly about your ROI. Think is there a need for this skill in the marketplace.

During my time at my gym I was working on different programs and exercises which had more of a creative twist to them. I created 3 programs and 2 classes from scratch - it was unheard of at my gym. I also realised the people in the gym just wanted to lose weight and didn't know how to. I always said it's 80% nutrition and you can get to your goal by doing workouts with minimal equipment. And as advice I've always suggested low GI foods (low sugar). Just look up low gi foods on google. But don't get it twisted, I still love pizza.. I say low gi because it worked wonders for me.

Fun fact: most major gym chains in England do not pay the instructors or personal trainers. Everyone trainer is on 100% commission and they don't actually work for that gym. Trainers get to use the facilities if they agree to work certain hours. For example: trainers work 12-15 hours taking classes, cleaning equipment, showing people around etc.. that's why it's so easy for these chains to get rid/replace trainers. To recap trainers are not paid per hour or per class. They don't get a penny. That's how they've expanded so rapidly.

I met a girl at the gym and we fell for each other. However, after the year mark she decided to leave me out of the blue and started making up excuses. I don't want to go into it but I know for a fact it's about money and she thought I'd be a lot further on by now. She also got a new promotion and it's coincidental how she started to fall out of love with me as soon as she got handed a well paying job on a plate. It's kinda hard and lonely being self employed but it is what it is. I cried a lot but now it's just pure f@!k it mentality.

I’m 26 now. Exercise has truly helped me through all of this and is a natural anti-depressant. I can talk from experience that exercise has been my best coping mechanism by far. Something to get the heart pumping and to actually sweat..

The first stage is to share my story. I don't know where this post is going to take me but if you've made it to the end I want to thank you for taking the time to read my story. Feel free to ask me anything.

https://imgur.com/J4IEvWV link to results

submitted by /u/the_one_92
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2G4ZNqb

No comments:

Post a Comment