Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Almost at goal weight... need help calculating maintenance calories and exercise!

As of today, I'm .8 lbs away from my goal weight! YAY!

Here are my stats: 29 YO F, 5'5", 140.8 lbs, GW 140 lbs. Sedentary office job. Typically active outside of work (I go on walks and hikes). I've been losing weight since the beginning of year by eating 1400-1650 calories and working out 5 hours a week (usually split half and half between lifting (2 days of total body workouts, one upper body and one lower body) and cardio). I use Beachbody on Demand so my workouts are typically lifting the first half and cardio the second half for about an hour or an hour and a half. According to my FitBit Versa, I usually burn around 2300-2800 calories working out.

So I really would like some help calculating my maintenance calories. I don't know that I want to continue working out five hours a week. I've had a lot of workout-related injuries from pushing too hard this year (costochondritis, IT band pain, bursitis and most recently, paraspinal muscle spasms). I'm thinking of dropping to four hours a week, similar schedule of half lifting and half cardio and staying active with walking/hiking/biking. Will I lose a lot of muscle tone if I cut back?

What kind of calorie intake do I need to maintain my weight loss at my current exercise levels? What about if I cut back to four hours?

Thanks for your help! This sub has seriously helped me lost weight and I'm so grateful!

submitted by /u/dinosaureggteeth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Mwa1Xd

No comments:

Post a Comment