Tuesday, September 10, 2019

25 lbs in 50 days (detailed progress graph, pics, and program)

M 5'8 SW: 187 CW: 162.4

I ended up losing about 25lbs in 50 days (actually 24.6 lbs in 49 days, but lets not be nitpicky), while retaining almost all my lean mass (~90%+).

I've provided a full breakdown showing my weight loss (daily and weekly average), fat loss (daily and weekly average), as well as my calories consumed and calories burned per day (in bar graph form). So enjoy the graph if you're a data geek like me:

https://i.postimg.cc/8kfHKmfP/weightloss-2.png

Note that the black line is my expected weight loss based on Calories-In-Calories-Out, which I used it to make sure I wasn't adversely affecting my metabolic rate.

Here is a gif of the progress:

NSFW (shirtless dude) : https://i.postimg.cc/VLyF30X9/shrinking-man.gif

DIET:

I initially started with a severe calorie restriction of 1500 Cal, but I ended up eating closer to 1800 Cal per day. Even on 1800 Cal I found that my exercises were becoming brutal and I was starting to get weird injuries. Consequently I started to eat a lot more (2400-3000 Cal per day) and doing a two day (~60 hour) fast every week to maintain my calorie deficit. It's worked wonders for me as I now have enough energy to work out hard and recover properly, while the two day fast burns a ton of fat. I've started eating a keto diet (<20g carbs) on the day prior to fasting to accelerate how quickly I get into ketosis.

I don't worry about macros, other than making sure I'm eating >0.75g protein/lb body weight to help retain lean mass.

EXERCISE:

For most of this period I've been doing a full body exercise 3x a week with cardio on the other days. The full body exercises I've been doing have been a variation of Funk Roberts Dumbell Workout, to which I've added tricep extensions, straight-arm flys, and shrugs to get a better full upper body workout.

For cardio I've progressed from p90 cardio (A,B, C) to p90x cardio (Kenpo, Plyometrics). I also do the p90 abs workout on cardio days following the same progression p90 to p90x.

Beyond that, most of my calories burned comes from hiking. I'm lucky to have a beautiful pristine 20km nature hike next door to me. Particularly on fasting days, I try to make sure to hike so can fully deplete glycogen stores and get into ketosis as fast as possible.

submitted by /u/fitnessexpress
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qdaj74

No comments:

Post a Comment