Sunday, September 8, 2019

60 lbs down and no longer obese after about a year and a half! Forcing myself to find encouragement/inspiration to lose the final 40 lbs to reach 100 lbs weight loss goal.

Around a year and half ago I embarked on a weight loss journey to lose 100 lbs after realizing that I was getting very close to weighing 300 lbs, and was nearly 100 lbs over the 'overweight' body mass index threshold with a height of 6' 3''. I started diligently counting calories using MyFitnessPal, exercising daily, biking to work, and posting periodic progress updates to Facebook to keep myself accountable with my closest family and friends, which worked wonders for helping me stay on track.

That being said, I've recently plateaued after reaching a milestone by dipping below the 'obese' BMI category at 240 lbs. I already feel so much better than I used to in terms of both mental and physical health, and I'm able to do things that I was not physically capable of doing before like go on day long hiking adventures without completely exhausting myself. My self-esteem and interactions with people have improved dramatically as well, especially when people comment on how good I look compared to before, which is an awesome feeling. The problem is that all of those positive changes are actually making it somewhat difficult to not lose sight of my goals during the final stretch of my journey. Despite knowing rationally that getting to the 'normal' BMI category will make my health and overall well being even better, I've been really feeling the 'diminishing returns' effect after experiencing first hand how much easier it is to lose weight the heavier you are. It's difficult not to throw in the towel and say 'good enough', but that's not what I intend on doing.

I'm making this post both to share my progress so far and to reaffirm my desire to shed that final 40 lbs and reach my total weight loss goal of 100 lbs, which I know will be 100% worth it. In hopefully another 4-5 months or so when I finally get there, I look forward to accomplishing even more things that I never even dreamed of being able to do (maybe summiting a peak or running a marathon, the possibilities are endless). To everyone struggling on the final stretch of their weight loss journey, stick to it and don't lose sight! I know that's what I'll be doing! :)

Progress photo so far (shirtless fat guy, not sure if nsfw? ) https://imgur.com/a/pO8LDwC

submitted by /u/FalseTruism
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/317In5B

No comments:

Post a Comment