Sunday, September 8, 2019

Emotional fitting room experience

At my heaviest, I was 245 pounds. Over the course of about 1.5 years I've gotten down to about 185. I recently got a new job that pays me a livable wage, and I wanted to go get new work clothes today.

I went to Nordstrom Rack, and began to shop.

I hate shopping for myself. I've never thought of myself as "thin" enough to have actual fashion or be fashionable. Also, I've never really gotten men's fashion, so that just adds another layer of difficulty to shopping.

So, I begin to pick out some clothes that I think will fit and head over to the fitting room. I start to try on the pants I picked out, and am happily surprised they're a size too big. I happily go pick out a size smaller pants and head back to the fitting room. As I put on the pants, i fear they won't fit, but once I put them on they fit quite well and I actually don't hate how I look in them.

From here I begin to go find some shirts to pair with my pants. I pick out some large button up shirts to try on, and go back to the fitting room. I try them on and notice there's a lot of room in them and begin to hypothesize that I may be small enough for a medium. I've never fit in a medium,, for as long as I can remember. I used to wear XXL for everything, and even the recent realization that I could wear L was crazy to me. So, I go pick out some shirts that I find in large and medium, knowing I won't fit in a medium and will just have to buy the large with a little extra room. To my surprise, the mediums looked good on me, and I looked like a real adult with real adult clothes on.

I stood there, looking at myself in amazement for 30 seconds in utter disbelief that I could fit into a medium. I was utterly shocked, and honestly still am. I cannot wait to wear my new clothes to work tomorrow!!

I've been a lurker on this sub for a while, and I just really appreciate how supportive everyone is. So I wanted to put out some good vibes saying you can do it! This sub has helped inspire me, from the big things like finally deciding to take care of my body to the small things like doing just an extra rep or set at the gym. This sub has been a really great source for me, and I wanted to give back.

Wearing a medium button up shirt has been the craziest moment of this whole weight loss journey. The joy it brings me is inspiring me to keep going! Please, do yourself a favor. Work your ass off so you can fit into your medium size shirt!

Go get it!! 💪💪

submitted by /u/jonar2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/318j8QL

No comments:

Post a Comment