Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Feeling like the happy/sad theater masks | So many ups and downs | (Motivation & Frustration)

Does anyone else experience these ups and downs as I do? I feel like the weight loss version of the happy/sad theater masks.

Some days I'm over the moon and so motivated and inspired, like yesterday. Then, on other days (like today) I'm so frustrated at how slow-moving the process is.

I'm pretty sure this frustration is being triggered by something I noticed earlier this morning. I was organizing pictures on my phone and I saw that months ago, (during my most recent and [final] failed weight loss attempt ) I was 2 lbs less than I am now.

I think I'm so irritated with myself because I've been at this point on the scale before, and it has taken me 29 days to get back to a number that isn't even my lowest weight.

In my mind, I feel like I'll have finally broken a barrier/actually accomplished something when I'm under 176, as that's the lowest weight I've reached in the last 10 or so months of off-again on-again dieting. I'll finally be onto new numbers to conquer. Not ones that I've yo-yoed between time and time again for months.

I know I'm in a much better place now, mentally. My habits are much better, and I have no desire to go back to my old ways. I just am feeling a bit of frustration that I can't shake today.

Do I feel better? Yes. Am I noticing weight loss? Yep! Am I irritated that this process is going to take months to complete? You betcha.

I'm just so glad and relieved to have supportive communities like this where I can vent/commiserate. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/vicksieann
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZUuewf

No comments:

Post a Comment