Sunday, September 1, 2019

For the first time in 20 years I’m consistently losing weight rather than slowly gaining.

This is my first post and my first time successfully following a weight loss plan, ever. I gained around 50 pounds from 20 to 40. I obsessed about losing weight and being in better shape but did nothing to eat healthier or increase my exercise. Until a couple months ago.

The week before I turned 40 I joined a diet support group and started to measure and control my servings at every meal and walk more. I felt a strong ‘now or never’ pressure from inside and I’m so thankful that this was enough motivation to start me eating healthier and getting in better physical shape.

I’ve lost 20 pounds including binging a few times and gaining, then losing again. It’s a struggle even though I truly want to be healthy. I self sabotage and am definitely my own worst enemy. Overeating is my coping mechanism of choice and I’m still trying to find something to replace it with.

I’d love to hear from others about how they’ve dealt with overcoming the emotional hurdles through weight loss. I’ve got 25 pounds to lose before my BMI is considered ‘normal’. I’ve gone from obese to overweight and would really like to achieve the goal of being a healthy body weight and categorized as ‘normal’.

submitted by /u/tobasita
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NJzVWt

No comments:

Post a Comment