Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Here I am to state the obvious: My year long “plateau” was because I wasn’t in a calorie deficit. Shocker.

34F/5’4”/SW:195/ CW:150/ GW:135

I had my 3rd child in December of 2017 and weighed the most I had ever weighed: 195 pounds 6-weeks postpartum. I tried the usual formula (cals in/cals out) for four months and lost about 5 pounds (probably from still eating too much....) I tried keto that April and lost down to 170 in 5-short weeks (because of...a calorie deficit...duh.) Went back to carbs and surprisingly didn’t gain a pound back. This was probably because I kept trying to lose. I managed to lose down to 163 by that October. Until recently, I was what I had labeled a “hard plateau.” An endless stall. Surely something was wrong with my system. My body was failing me no matter how hard I tried. My hormones are wrecked. I’ve ruined my metabolism. Over the span of 10 1/2 months, I tried it all. Keto again. Vegan. Intermittent fasting. Water fasting. Lifting heavy with little cardio so I could at the very least “recomp” since my body was just soooo resistant to losing anymore. I studied everything. Researched it all. I saw three doctors who told me that I was probably eating more than I thought and that’s why I wouldn’t lose. I worked out! What did they know!?? Nothing. I was even referred to an endocrinologist that at least found out I was insulting resistant. I tried Metformin. This entire time. Not. A. Pound. Lost. Until one day about five weeks ago, I read something that has changed what I’ve done. I went back to the basics instead of hoping for a quick fix. I stayed consistent, and most of all..I stayed in a calorie deficit.

I am short. I use less energy than taller people and that’s a widespread annoyance among short women. We lose at a snails pace, if at all. The reason is because I was trying to eat 1200 calories a day, but I was starving. I ended up giving in to a 300-400 cal snack almost nightly. I’d binge On the weekend (masked as a cheat day) because I felt so restricted. I worked out, but not enough to negate the calories. I thought I was super consistent...but I was consistently eating at maintenance.

I started eating a solid 1600 cals broken into 4 meals a day. I upped my protein and started to not be so terrified of carbs. I also took the advice of a fellow shorty and started walking 7-9 KM daily. I now do this without fail. Add that to my usual workouts, my now non-disordered eating patterns and voila! A ten pound weight loss in a month. I’ll never understand how I truly believed that I was soooo different and that basic physics didn’t apply to me.

In the end, all it took was a damn calorie deficit. A real deficit. A consistent GD DEFICIT.

I’m officially a dumbass. 🙄

submitted by /u/Cosmobella20
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30tHtiT

No comments:

Post a Comment