Saturday, September 7, 2019

I didn't expect to feel so great so early on in this journey

3 weeks in and I'm down about 6.5 pounds. To be honest, when I started I was discouraged doing the math and realizing how long a CICO based healthy weight loss journey was going to be. I'm 206.4 pounds right now with a target weight of 150. My calorie/fitness tracker has me reaching that weight during the summer of next year. I am usually good at picking up skills really quickly, and it was humbling and frustrating to discover that there was no out-thinking my body. (You'd think I'd be used to this since I've been dealing with chronic, undiagnosed health issues for a year and a half. But then again maybe that's why I was so discouraged.)

Once I settled into the rhythm of things ... well, not to be cliched, but it really is about the journey and not the destination. Even if the destination is something I'm excited to reach. In less than a month I've found that:

  • Filling up on fruits and vegetables has already had an amazing effect on my skin and hair.
  • I'm a great cook who can easily recreate the dishes I was paying tons of $$$ for ... while also making sure to put more vegetables in and not overload them with sodium and butter.
  • There was a part of my brain that loved telling me my life was miserable and food was my only source of happiness. It's still pretty loud, but I'm realizing how much of a lie that was. There are so many sources of happiness in my life. There are so many sources of solace and comfort.
  • The chronic health problems seem to be getting a bit better, too. I'm trying to not think about this too hard because I've been wanting this for so long. But the hope is still there.

It feels kind of silly to make a post when I'm not even a month in, but I just wanted to excitedly yell somewhere. I've already learned so much and seen tangible benefits. I feel like I'm relearning so much about myself, both body and spirit. I actually do have discipline and will power. This feels awesome after almost a decade (if not more) of telling myself I just wasn't capable of that. Turns out I am! I'm genuinely excited to make everything I've learned the foundation of how I approach food and exercise for the rest of my life.

submitted by /u/EducationalRecipe3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZMrHTR

No comments:

Post a Comment