Sunday, September 15, 2019

I just hit my first milestone!

I logged my weight in the Lose It app today and found out I'd hit my first milestone! I'm 15lbs down in total, which is apparently the weight of a large bowling ball. 🙌 I was surprised to see that I've lost nearly 7lbs in the last two weeks alone, though I'm sure not all of that is fat.

This is the first time I've had any real success with weight loss. I started CICO back in late spring at around 220lbs, jumping back in about a month ago after falling off the wagon during the summer. I'm eating between 1,200-1,700 calories a day and going to the gym once a week.

I'm also doing 16:8 IF, though loosely. I'm treating it more as a "no food/high calorie drinks" window rather than a strict fast, since this stops me from snacking but also means I can have tea or a low/zero calorie drink if I really feel like I need it. I've found that the best approach is to avoid total restriction, since that's always been what tripped me up in the past. I'm still having the things I enjoy, just less often and in smaller quantities.

I'm really pleased with my progress. Here's hoping it continues!

submitted by /u/illumillama
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LTQxbn

No comments:

Post a Comment