Thursday, September 19, 2019

I need words of motivation—binge eating, how to stop and rebuild

I (F21, 5’4”) I have been working out for the past 2 months really consistently which got me from about 123 to 126 as I was eating lots of protein but in deficit. I was aiming for weight loss (110-115lbs) but as my weight went up, I realized it was about being stronger, not simply thinner.

But then I slipped....and kept slipping. Binge eating session after binge eating session spanning about a week and a half now. I shot up to 131lbs which is the heaviest I’ve ever been in my LIFE. I hate it when I do it and it’s not only hurting financially but physically. I feel Iike I can feel my skin trenching to it limit. I’m tired, I feel terrible. I need to quit, but it’s not like quitting a drug you know? You still NEED food. You can’t go cold turkey. And of course it’s about feeding on good and healthy food which I have, but getting off sugar I’m finding is difficult.

I do have this pattern of healthy success and then falling back into binging when I need comfort (especially when i feel overwhelmed with school like i need more time, eating in my mind is a justified break). I know I need new habits. I’m reluctant to be sociable anymore because I’m ashamed of how I’ve gained. If anyone has struggled with making health stick or dealing with binge eating or losing weight on a small frame, I could use some advice or words of encouragement? Feeling pretty hopeless about this at the moment.

submitted by /u/1curiousoctopus1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/306Uh2n

No comments:

Post a Comment