Thursday, September 19, 2019

The first time in a long time that I feel like I have a slight grip on things.

Just like how many stories start, I've been overweight my whole life. There was a point a couple years ago where I lost 80lbs, and I felt so, so beyond incredible. I was the most fit I'd ever been, and I felt so comfortable in my own skin. Thus began some travel and a loss of control over my eating (and really just being oblivious to the fact that I'd been gaining weight) and I ended up back pretty close to where I started.

I'm back home now, and back to working out every morning, and tracking all my food (iTrackBites app, if anyone uses it!)

I'm not overeating (as a binge eater, this is important to me!!), I'm making healthier choices, getting as regular of a nights sleep as I can manage, and currently just holding on to what I can of this all while I develop my healthy habits again and keep myself out of situations that could make me feel like I'm slipping again (i.e. food pushers, foods that trigger me, etc.)

I feel incredibly empowered an in control and I feel like I don't have lots of people to tell, other than my immediate family (who are so incredibly supportive, and I express my gratitude as often as possible!)

One thing that I struggle with is running into people who once cheered me on in my weight loss journey in the past, and feeling like I let them down by gaining weight back. How do folks tend to deal with it, and just own it and know that long-term, I'm going to keep being better for myself and come back so much stronger?

As an additional bonus, what are some other healthy habits worth incorpotating into my routine as either self-care, or just typical successful healthy habits??

submitted by /u/ciaraft
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qkvpk7

No comments:

Post a Comment