Tuesday, September 3, 2019

I’m a chocoholic who can’t control my eating

Let’s start seven years ago: I weighed 110kg/17st. At 170cm/5’7”, I was obese. BMI was 38. I started tracking my calories and was horrified to realise I was eating over 2500kcals a day. MFP was an eyeopener in revealing calories in food I’d normally eat. I worked hard on my diet, did 5:2 (eventually bringing my non-fasting daily calories to 1200-1500 a day), and I did 20 mins treadmill running followed by weightlifting (4-day split). Over two years, I dropped down to 80kg/12.5st. BMI now 27.6 “overweight”. Fantastic.

Got married. Slacked off diet. Slacked off gym. Spent more time doing tasks around the house, or spending time with the wife, and less time on my health. My weight went up to 90kg/14st.

Every year since then I’ve tried to make the effort to lose weight. Since the start of this year, it’s been more slower weight loss. I had lost 5kg and then hovered between 85-87kg but I can’t seem to drop any further. I’m following the AthleanX AX1 plan but my biggest issue is diet.

I love my sweet stuff, especially chocolate. I tried going for two squares of dark chocolate a day (100kcalories total) but it’s sometimes not enough. I will struggle for a couple of days without chocolate and then go and buy some chocolate (typically buy one get one free) so I will have consumed 200-400kcalories in chocolate alone. If I can’t get my hands on chocolate, I will seek out biscuits/cookies and eat them. If I’m at the gas station filling up, I will pick up some chocolate.

Even if I’m satiated by my meals, I still crave something sweet afterwards. If I’m bored at home, I will find things to eat. If I’m busy at work, I can do OMAD. If I’m busy at home with projects, I might skip lunch and not feel hungry.

I need to break this psychological barrier. Please help.

submitted by /u/stealthw0lf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zzuu2P

No comments:

Post a Comment