Tuesday, September 3, 2019

[SV/NSV] Thank you r/loseit for helping me get started nearly 11 months ago and being there to this day where I have now hit 100lbs down.

I have been somewhat active here on r/loseit from the beginning of this weight loss journey that started on October 7 of last year. Thank you to all of the redditors and the mods of r/loseiit for having such a great and supportive community! I am not done with the weight loss yet, but here are some general thoughts/encouragement for those getting started and also a progress photo thing at the bottom.

  1. It doesn't matter that you've failed before; you can be successful this time.

It's hard to convince yourself at the beginning that the work you'll put will actually pay off. But if you stick with it and maybe try different techniques than what you did before, it can absolutely work. Many of the people on here weren't successful on the first try and that includes myself.

  1. Consider notifying the people close to you that you're doing this.

This can be helpful for a few reasons. Firstly, it can be a good accountability mechanism. If only you know you're doing this then it's up to only you, even in your weakest moments, to stay strong. And that can be hard. Having someone else who knows you're working on losing weight can really help keep you on track. I know it was one of the biggest changes I made this time around. Now, you should be careful with how you present it. In my opinion, saying something like "this is my journey and I will ask you for advice if I need it, but otherwise I'm only telling you this to keep you informed if you see me eating differently" can really help keep them at bay when they want to step in and tell you what you should be doing. It's human nature to give others your two cents, but when someone is telling you their suggestions for weight loss it can often come off as condescending.

  1. Allocate your cheat days based on goals, not time.

This is simply a suggestion, but there other ways are certainly valid too. For me, it was more helpful for me to reward myself with a cheat day based on weight goal rather than weekly or bi-weekly. It made sure that if there were time periods I wasn't losing weight, I wouldn't then still go and have a cheat day just because I had originally scheduled it. For me, I generally stuck to every 5 lbs, which worked out to around biweekly but not always.

Hopefully those tips help, and feel free to ask any other questions in the comments. Lastly, here's a link to my r/progresspics post I made to show my progress thus far :): https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/comments/cvkue5/m2263_375lbs_318lbs_280lbs_10_months_face_gains/

submitted by /u/loserofweight101
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZvC2Ej

No comments:

Post a Comment