Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I’m over 420lbs and something has to change

I’ve been overweight most of my life. Started with being over-fed as a baby and I guess I never really stopped eating. Docs thought I had a brain tumor cause it happened so young.

Fast forward to 2015, I start Wellbutrin/Zoloft and I got pissed off enough, kicked myself into high gear and went low carb. Didn’t calorie count at the beginning. Got down to 250 before I crashed and burned. I think my calorie limit just got too low (below 1500, some days 1200 or less) because I wanted to keep losing. Extreme intermittent fasting and OMAD that didn’t help. I just didn’t realize weight loss slows the closer you get to goal weight (neither did anyone in my family for that matter, I started getting shit here and there for not losing fast enough, just compounded things)

And so here I am again, I need to change again. I’ve been cycling through antidepressants to find one that works (Zoloft gave me extreme anxiety this time around, lexapro gave me extreme hunger, no bueno). Currently on Wellbutrin again.

I’m reaching that point again where I’m just so frustrated with myself.

I’ve been going to see a different doc and turns out I have hypothyroidism. She insists I should only have 1500 calories a day, not do Keto or low carb this time, but an anti-inflammatory diet. I talked with her about slowly lowering my calorie limit and she insists 1500-2000 calories a day is safer to start with VS remaining unhealthy longer than necessary.

I just don’t know. Is that safe? I don’t think I can do Keto again even though some of my friends and family lose weight so effectively on it. My biggest issue was the constipation and having to monitor my electrolyte levels like crazy. Not to mention my candida being worse on Keto.

I’m not supposed to have wheat because of my thyroid issues, so I will be a little low carb, not to mention I might have a gluten allergy. Keto/low carb did make me less hungry and feel great when all my electrolytes were balanced, I’ll give it that.

I’m predisposed towards gout now (was taking a water pill that left me with gout, I’m on daily cherry extract now because allopurinol gives me stomach issues) and possibly have undiagnosed gallbladder issues this time around (state insurance doesn’t test for shit unless it’s life threatening so idk for sure), so I don’t know if I should do Keto.

My biggest trouble is the sugar addiction though. Moving soon should help as most of the rest of my family eats trash and hardly ever gains weight. Our fridge and pantry hardly ever have anything healthy in them, but I can’t just throw out the trashy food.

I’m not sure where to start. Something has to change though. Advice? Where did y’all start? Did you go straight to 1500 calories or did you gradually lower them?

submitted by /u/BuddhaMonkey420
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZwKaEQ

No comments:

Post a Comment