Sunday, September 8, 2019

MidWest to Mountain West

Hi. I just made this account because my first made me identifiable to friends/family. I've only been lurking reddit for a month and this is my first post - I'm probably going to do it all wrong.

Can I get a couple "you can do it!"?

I'm trying hard to gather the courage to lose weight proactively. I grew up in the northern midwest where sweet and pudgy german/polish/Czech grandmothers still make home made kolaches, dessert is served at lunch and dinner, and friday fish/Saturday prime rib/Sunday broasted chicken is a religion in itself. Back home, at 5'6"/203 # I fit right into the normal size range for every woman in a restaurant. Ten years ago I moved to the mountain west and instead of finding the best hot bacon dressing, fitness is the religion here.

I recently weighed myself and realized I weighed more than when 9 months pregnant (disclaimer, I was gestational diabetic when pregnant and stuck to my carbs allotment with a level of willpower I didnt know existed. I left the hospital with a ten pound baby weighing less than the day i got pregnant). Breast feeding though? Ravenous. Gained plenty during the year.

I have a lot of emotions and baggage to unpack in my weight loss journey. I have a 300+# dad that makes inappropriate comments about my weight. A 5ft 8in alcoholic mom who struggles to stay 115# because she forgets to eat. I feel self conscious in work out clothes (especially in my local rec center). I dont want anyone to know I'm trying because I dont want the comments. And I'm a stay at home mom of two with a hubs that works 12 hr days 5 days a week and I cook fresh from scratch 5 nights a week- I hit burnout a long time ago and I feel like I'm limping through this season of life. When I'm trying to be a good mom and not scream at my darling children I know full well what I do to bring my anxiety back to earth (hello box of chocolate).

I'm sick of feeling heavy and sick and hating clothes.

I have a goal for Feb 1 - 20 weeks away. Think I can get to 150 or 160 in that time frame? After I will reset my goal. If I hit 135 in my life again I will be impressed, but I'm taking that off the table for now and focusing on 150. I dont eat fast food or drink soda, I've been attempting to CICO in the same fashion I counted carbs like gold coins. Help?

submitted by /u/mountainsandcheddar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HUzi8R

No comments:

Post a Comment