Monday, September 16, 2019

My first year has completed and here is what I learned (60lbs lost)

Well, the first year of my journey has come to an end. My starting weight was 396lbs and I am currently 336lbs. I am proud of myself for making it this far, but there are certainly some things that I wish I had learned a little sooner.

1: The effect of a cheat meal lasts a lot longer than just one evening. For the next week you wont feel as good (im on keto) and it will make it much harder to resist cheating in the future.
2: Yes, tracking your macros is important. When I first went on keto I basically just ate stuff that had no/low carbs and assumed I was fine. Turns out getting a proper ratio is much more effective and makes you feel better.
3: You need to use things other than food to reward yourself. Every time you reward yourself with a tasty meal you shouldnt have or an extra snack you are only making things harder in the future. Stop thinking of healthy food as a chore and junky food as a reward.
4: Exercise really does make you feel much better and you learn to enjoy it. It may be true that 90% of weight loss is diet, but probably 50% of your mental state is based on how active you are.
5: Your weight going down on the scale does not necessarily mean that you will see the difference in the mirror. It is a slow process so take pictures every once in a while. Keep in mind the things you dont necessarily see in the mirror like going down belt loops or how you can go on mile+ walks without your heart beating out of your chest.
6: (this is one I'm still learning but trying to get a head start on) Loosing weight does not mean that your self image and confidence will just magically get better. Those things are also require work to be put into them.

This year was great and I'm looking forward to the next one. I got a long way to go still so I wont be letting up anytime soon. My goal for this next 12 months is to loose an additional 100lbs. I feel like now I have a lot more tools at my disposal to truly put in my best effort.

submitted by /u/Dark-Tidings
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30jTebG

No comments:

Post a Comment