Thursday, September 5, 2019

My transformation -- first time poster.

(tinyurl contains pictures of my progress)

A friend had reached out to me and asked that I post here, and I decided that it was time to share with the world my own journey. It hasn't even been a year, though I am more than ready to show my results with you all.

The day was January 5th of 2019, a day that I remember all to well. I had just sat down at the computer after waking up to jump on World of Warcraft to play with my friends. Straight from the bed and into my computer chair. A great start for my 400 pound self, though this was the usual on my days off.

This had been nearly five days straight with a cold, and I couldn't shake it. Though today was different, my head was pounding and it hurt to even breath. Each breath I took I could feel an ache wash over my back, and so I complained as I sat in Discord with my online friends.

They begged and begged for me to go see a doctor(which mind you, never been a fan of the doctors) and make sure I was okay. Typically? I ignore any signs of being sick and just suck it up..that wasn't happening today. And so I got a shower..around 2 pm or so.(yeah, this was my life) Grabbed myself some pizza from the fridge for "breakfast" and a soda to go.

The next thing I know I am sitting in the medstop and the nurse says "You need to go to the emergency room right now." As she took my blood pressure, which was 194/119. I was rushed to the ER where my life would take a sudden change.


January 6th, 2019 -- I'm home from the hospital, though a very..very late night and I am trying to figure what to do with the information given to me from the hospital. It was phrased along the lines of "you are dodging bullets, you can only dodge for so long". I was scared for the first time..in a long time about my weight.

It had always been something that I've known was an issue..my diet was an issue, and my lack of doing.. anything besides sitting in front of a computer was wearing upon me. Though, at one point in my life? I stopped caring. I was uncaring about my health..and I accepted what my life had become.

My parents had begged and begged that I get weight loss surgery..but I ignored it. I kept saying "I will lose it my own way, I don't want surgery." Perhaps I should have gotten the surgery..but right now? I needed to work on getting my life in order.

So there I sat online, playing WoW and trying to figure out what to do. So I messaged someone I played with in my guild. This person and I, we never really got alone to begin with. In fact I personally hated them. But that being said, he knew his stuff when it came to exercise and dieting.

He gave me advise after I talked with him, and till this day? The best advise he gave me was "to make it public". Let everyone know about your weight loss, it will fuel you and force you to hold yourself accountable. It will hold others accountable as well.


January 7th, 2019 -- The first day, possibly the biggest struggle as I stood in the supermarket trying to figure out what to buy. "Stick to the outside while you are shopping. Vegetables and Protein". My life was changing all in one day. Tombstone pizza was my usual go too. Not to mention other terrible things that I could gorge myself on.

I stood valiant, and I was able to achieve shopping healthy for the first time in a long time. Exercise started today as well, and DDP yoga was my exercise of choice. I've done it before in the past..but I never stuck with it more than a week. Could I truly do this? I needed too. I needed to get my life in order..else I may not have a life.


Today(9/5/2019) - It has been a journey, back in January I had told my guildies that I was going to lose 80 pounds by October. I felt like it was something I could achieve. We had a trip and guild meet up during that time. And 100 would be my goal before January 7th of 2020.

Today I weigh in at 116 pounds less than I did back in January, and I am in the best shape I've been in a very long time. I've started doing intermittent fasting back in February and even do OMAD on weekends. My diet had changed, and it isn't even a chore to keep up with it; my diet is just part of my day too day.

Exercise has continued and I've even participated in two 5ks as well. Never would I have ever considered doing a 5k..but I absolutely love them. I'm happy, I'm active and best of all? I love who I am. I love myself, and I'm motivated to keep going no matter what.

I do want to thank everyone that has been a shoulder for me to lean on during this time in my life. I still have a long journey ahead of me, but for now? I am happy with my results. Anything is possible, you just have to put your mind too it.

Pictures: https://tinyurl.com/yyqa7bnn

submitted by /u/jcf86ad
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LoQSEh

No comments:

Post a Comment