Thursday, September 5, 2019

NSV: I broke the 14 minutes per mile barrier, and set a new 5k record!

So, one of my goals in me weight loss journey has been to improve my running ability. Ever since middle school, when we had to do the "mile run/walk" as part of PE, I was never really good at it. But, since starting my journey, I have doubled down on improving my ability to run--both sprinting and long distance.

To achieve that, I have been dedicating 2 days per week out of my 6 day exercise schedule to focus on running: M, T, R, F weight training, W and Sa cardio/running. When I started, I could only average 3mi/h, and through cardio specific HIIT (ex: 4 minutes fast walking @ 3.5mi/h, 1 minute running @ 5mi/h), I have progressed to 3 minutes fast walking at 4.5mi/h and 2 minutes of running at 6-6.5mi/h (increasing each interval). And whereas before, I could only keep my pace up for 45-50 minutes, I'm now at 93-97 minutes for each session!

All of this has led to yesterday, where I completed 7.03 miles in 97 minutes, with an average pace of 13'52", new 5k record of 39'11", and I wasn't completely dead afterwards!

submitted by /u/thediamondguest
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Uuu1Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment