Monday, September 2, 2019

NSV and some thoughts I just gotta let out

I still don't know how to do the flair, but F 25 5'10'' SW 210 CW idk I don't step on scales when I'm not at the doctor lol. Sorry for the long intro, if you only wanna read the NSVs I'll put them in a list.

It's been about 7 weeks since I changed my diet. I did that mainly for health reasons because like while 210 lbs might sound like a lot, I still easily fit into the biggest size in non-plus size stores, I was still considered more curvy than fat and you know that saying that assholes often say "big boobs on fat girls don't count", well on me they apparently still counted lol, and generally, my weight was not an obstacle in my day to day life. Working out, getting cute clothes, dating, all went fine.

Anyway, I decided to change my eating habits because my blood sugar was getting kinda high for a 25 year old woman, so my main motivation was keeping my limbs and eyesight for the next 50 years. I talked to my closest friends about that change as soon as I began and addressed it with friends I hung out with but wouldn't consider my closest friends the first time we saw each other, because I'm generally someone who always has to share every little detail lol. So, whenever my friends who knew about me doing this said something like "you already lost a bit!", I didn't take it too seriously because like, when you know your friend is trying to lose weight, you just say something like that.

But a few days ago I was at the farewell party for a friend who I'm really not that close with, who didn't know about my actual effort and who I haven't seen in about half a year and she noticed! I don't know, her saying it, someone who didn't know about it and who isn't hellbent on complimenting me, made it more "real" to me than my friends who are in on it saying it.

so yeah, here's my list of NSVs:

- friend who didn't know I'm trying to lose weight noticing that I lost weight

- i have to pull the strap of my fanny pack tighter all the time lol

- my slim fit mom jeans now look like baggy boyfriend jeans and not flattering at all anymore which is cool on one hand because it means I'm probably a whole jeans size down, but lame on the other hand because I'm too broke at the moment to buy new clothes lmfao.

Another thing I wanted to talk about is more something I wanna remind myself of. This weekend was pretty much a cheat weekend, because of the farewell party and that friend who's moving is a huge party animal, so when you drink from 9 pm to 6 am, you're 100% not within your calorie limit anymore lol. I absolutely don't regret it and I know a lot of you on here cut out alcohol completely, which totally makes sense imo if you're more the type of person who drinks 1-2 glasses of wine or beer every day after work, but that's not how I drink. I drink alcohol max twice a week, more like once in two weeks and usually in a celebratory manner, so while I respect everyone who cuts it out, I don't want to lol. Okay, kinda getting off-track here. What I actually wanna remind myself of is that weight loss is not necessarily linear. Now with the semester slowly starting again, farewell parties for friends moving to other cities every week (one of them probably my own lol), I don't want to limit myself to one drink per party, I don't wanna spend half the date checking the menu for which meal gives me the most volume of food for the lowest calories and price and if everyone else in the group wants to order a pizza to share, I wanna have my 2 slices lol. I'm still gonna stay on track on days I spend alone at home, so I'm not scared of gaining back the weight I already lost, but I won't be mad at myself, if I don't lose weight as fast this month as I did last month and that's okay. I don't have a specific date where I wanna hit a specific goal weight and sometimes you plateau, sometimes you lose, sometimes you gain and that's okay, I have time and right now I wanna spend it with my friends as much as possible.

Okay, I'm done, sorry that this isn't super interesting lol.

submitted by /u/belloochie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2kmo58j

No comments:

Post a Comment