Saturday, September 14, 2019

NSV by messing up?

So I'm re-starting my weight loss journey (yo-yo dieted/weight fluctuations my whole life) so I'm back on the "I need to lose some weight to be healthy again. I've lost about ten pounds so far and then I had some GI issues and a few other stressors that have caused me to stall.

I have been working the last two weeks straight and last night I barely slept and didn't eat a whole lot. I'm tired, I'm probably dehydrated, and under-eating. So I messed up. I ate a TON of brownie brittle. Delicious, but not a good lunch and I didn't need to eat as much as I did.

But then it dawned on me: I overeat when I'm dehydrated and tired. I know it's nothing that most people don't already do but understanding WHY I just binged that food was like some frustrating mystery that I finally unlocked for myself. Usually I think "well you've had two bites, you screwed up the day might as well give in" or "See, you can't even eat healthy for a day how do you think you'll keep the weight off this time? You'll be back here in a year". So honestly? I'm really proud of myself for finally sitting back and saying "okay, WHY did I do this?" and looking at it almost clinically instead of jumping straight to self-loathing.

So now I'm going to drink a lot of water, go for a walk, eat a good clean dinner, and start fresh tomorrow.

TLDR: Fucked up by eating nothing but chocolate for lunch only to finally understand the "why" behind my bad eating habits and that feels like a victory to me.

submitted by /u/MAGBAGUETTE
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Nfu0t0

No comments:

Post a Comment