Saturday, September 14, 2019

Am I right I’m thinking I can safely lose a maximum of 1lb per week?

Hey guys! I’ve been on a 1200 calorie diet now for about 3 months, wanted to feel good for a wedding at the end of September. I downloaded MFP and merrily went ahead and punched in my stats, with the goal of losing 2lbs per week. This gave me 1200 calories per day, and I have been largely sticking to this.

I’m actually feeling pretty happy with my weight loss, although it’s slower than I expected, so I thought I might adjust MFP’s settings to lose just 1lb a week and give myself a break of sorts. Imagine my surprise when it allots me 1250 calories per day!

Some simple maths later I have come to a conclusion - with my stats of 1700ish being maintenance, and a deficit of 7000 calories needed per week to lose 2lbs, I would have had to have been on 1000 calories to meet my goal! Right? And almost every source does not recommend eating below that amount for safe weight loss. So I guess all this time I could only have expected to lose 1lb per week 🤦🏻‍♀️

If anyone sees any errors please point them out!

Current stats: 29F, SW 160, CW 142, GW 130

submitted by /u/spicedbec
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32KrnTk

No comments:

Post a Comment