Monday, September 16, 2019

Question about working out and being pissed off

So I'm a woman in my early 40s. I'm not a terribly out of shape person, but my commitment to fitness has been sporadic over the years. I walk a lot because I walk my dogs; I did a summer of swimming a metric ton of laps every day, a year of running (god that sucked), some off and on gym memberships, but the theme was that I mostly focused on cardio for weight loss. I did some basic stuff to build muscle and tone, like situps and pushups, but I didn't focus on that.

About 6 months ago, I joined a kickboxing gym. For three days after my first class, I could barely move from the sore muscles. I stuck with it, though, and now, I'm noticeably fitter. I feel muscle growth in various places. Nothing bulgy or weird, but firmer. That's all great.

The one downside: I've noticed that, after every class, I'm in a really bad mood. Angry, crabby, road-ragier, etc. I snap at people and sit in pissed off silence for a while. I've never experienced any sort of endorphin rush or positive feeling from exercise, never a "runner's high" or anything even when I ran miles a day, but I didn't expect to go fully in the OTHER direction. I didn't expect to become a rage monster after an hour of smacking a bag around. The anger always goes down after a while, and it doesn't seem to correlate with anything like hunger, thirst, etc - I stay hydrated really well and eat regularly. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how sore I am, either... I do still get sore joints sometimes, especially shoulders, but that doesn't start hurting until a day or so after a class. It's baffling.

So the question: Does anyone else experience this?? Is it normal for working out to just piss you the hell off? If so, is there a way to counteract it, or am I just stuck being mad?

submitted by /u/amiker7709
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30jEglL

No comments:

Post a Comment