Monday, September 16, 2019

Today I'm starting over.

Well, today is my first day back to this sub after a long time. I never posted too frequently, but I found a lot of motivation with you all browsing posts, and managed to lose about 35 pounds. I went from 240 lbs to 205 in about 4 months. That felt fantastic. I was hoping to make my GW of 175 in another 4-6 months.

But, then I started a new job.

To be fair, I did have a lot in my favor the first go around. I was previously working at a grocery store, where I had many fantastic, healthy options for things to eat. I also was on my feet, moving for 8 hours a day. My new job is sedentary, and food options are terrible and limited unless I pack my lunches. I gained all my weight back in about 6 months.

I'm getting married in two weeks, and I was always telling myself I would get back on the weight loss train to look good at the wedding. However, those were empty words I told myself, and nothing ever happened. I got stuck in the loop of "I'll start tomorrow" that I'm sure many of you know all too well.

I'm done making excuses. Yes, it is not as easy now, but I am tired of looking in the mirror every day and thinking about what I could be looking like. No, I will not look like i've lost much weight at my wedding, but I will not let myself use that as an excuse to never start. I'm taking my life back, starting today.

I'm happy to be starting this journey with you all again. It's good to be back.

submitted by /u/3rdprez
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LU3sKr

No comments:

Post a Comment