Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Rant: Getting comments about my weight loss ALL THE TIME

26F 170cm SW:105kg CW:85kg GW: ~65kg

So I started seriously trying to lose weight some time in march and in the beginning I did really well with intermittent fasting 16:8, exercise about 2/3 times a week and counting calories using an app that tells me with my cw and gw how many calories I should consume.

However, lately I've been really struggling finding my motivation and discipline. I'm still making progress, but it's decidedly slower. But I'm not where I want to be yet and so I try.

But today at work, a colleague I haven't seen in a while saw me and told me how much weight I've lost and how good I look, which I hear a lot from co-workers I don't see that often, but then she suddenly tells me I shouldn't lose any more weight please, that I look perfect. What? I didn't even know how to react.

First of all, I'm still obviously overweight, so it's not like I'm losing an unhealthy amount. And second, why does everyone feel like they have to comment about my weight all the time. Even the compliments get weird really quickly, but I understand why people say it, to encourage me. Yet this was so out of line.

I don't know, I just wanted to vent a little. I'm sure everyone has had comments like this, but let's persevere!

submitted by /u/tsu18
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LDqZk1

No comments:

Post a Comment