Sunday, September 1, 2019

Some things I’ve learned since starting CICO in 2016, and other things I’ve been thinking about.

My first post on this Subreddit! Just wanted to share my experience with weight loss, things I’ve learned, and other things I’m still working on. I first started using MFP in 2016, I was 343 pounds at age 16, and 5’10 and was miserable with my life! Fast forward to now, I’m 250, this was my very first goal I set for myself, but not my last.

The first thing I’ve learned is consistency, I tracked my calories at the end of 2016 into 2017, but by 2018 I had fallen out of the habit and my weight loss stagnated for much of that year and the start of 2019. Not tracking my calories and not thinking about what I was eating. From late 2018 to July of this year I was bouncing between 260 and back up to 270.

This July I said enough was enough and started running and tracking again, I lost 20 pounds this summer to finally hit 250. A couple of other things I’ve really realized and have to keep reminding myself of is that fat loss is 80% diet (simple but sometime I lose sight of that), and that ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’ meaning one, meal, one day, one weekend getaway isn’t going to derail you completely, as well as one 5k run, five 5k runs isn’t going to fix your problems.

Going forward I’m really determined to get under 200, and to my goal weight around 175-185. Going into another year of college are there any tips of staying focused and not getting side tracked, I feel thats what happened last year going into my first year of college. As well as tips and/or ideas for keeping up the weight loss.

Sorry for the long post but last thing is I want to hear some of your favourite recipes, anything and everything, since I’ve taken up cooking, I want to hear them all!

submitted by /u/c6mbino
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LoZTf2

No comments:

Post a Comment