Sunday, September 1, 2019

Starting over on weight loss journey.

I think I’ve posted something like this here before, but I didn’t stick to the plan. Anyway, I’m starting over. I’m an 18 year old female, 5’5”, and 168 pounds. My weight has fluctuated a lot the past 4 years. I went from 160 pounds to 120, back to 160, down to 140, up to 180, then down to 150. Now I’ve been in the 160’s for probably 6 months or so. I keep telling myself I’ll make a plan and stick to it, but I haven’t. My current goal is to get to 130 pounds and stay there. I also want to get stronger. I’m a gymnastics coach and while I can do my job (involves a lot of lifting entire body weights), I’d like to be stronger so that it’s easier. Especially with the teenagers. I’ve developed a plan and I want to know what you guys think about it.

First of all I’m a full time student that works 25 hours a week, so I don’t have a whole lot of time on my hands.

I plan to go to the gym 6 days a week and use the elliptical. I’ll start with 20 minutes, and build up by 10% every two weeks until I reach about 30 minutes. I don’t have time to go to the gym for long periods of time, so I figured doing 20 or 30 minutes everyday would be better for me then going for longer periods of time a couple times a week.

I also plan to do some strength stuff at home every night until I have the time and endurance to use machines at the gym. My plan is to do in arm push-ups, regular push-ups, tricep dips, sit ups, butt-ups, squats, arches, and something I call “doggies”. I’ll start with a number for each I know I can easily do now and increase a bit every two weeks.

Food wise, my doctor gave me some specifications. He wants me to eat three meals a day and two snacks. Since some nights I get home from work at 9pm, he wants me to have just a smoothie for dinner those nights. He also specified one large salad a day.

I’m thinking for breakfast most mornings I’ll give myself five options. Either overnight oats, eggs and fruit, yogurt and fruit, oatmeal, or a smoothie. For lunch, I think I’ll mostly stick to salads and sometimes have leftovers from the previous night. We eat fairly healthy dinners, so this shouldn’t be an issue. For dinner I’ll either have what my family is having or something healthier if it’s not a night I’m only having a smoothie. For snacks I was thinking veggies, tuna, rice cakes and peanut butter, or other things like that.

What do you guys think? Is it doable? Should I be tracking calories? People always tell me not to, but I feel like losing weight is math. You have to have burn an excess of 3,500 calories to burn a pound right? So isn’t it just math? If you eat 1,500 calories one day and burn let’s say 2,000 calories that day, then you’ve put 500 calories toward that 3,500 it takes to lose a pound. If you continue it for a week then you’ve lost a pound.

submitted by /u/loveyourselfmydear
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PA4Bfg

No comments:

Post a Comment