Saturday, September 7, 2019

Struggled my (32F) whole life, so many fad diets and misinformation, hard to know what to trust. Now nutritionist is telling me I shouldnt eat less than 2400 cal per day

I've struggled with my weight for my whole life and just joined a 2 year medical study on weight loss focusing primarily on if your partner participates with you on the journey. I'm excited because I have access to a personal trainer and nutritionist weekly. Plus a support group. It seems ideal.

First class was this week and I was assigned how many calories per day I need to eat. 2420....per day. I thought, hm, that must wrong. I am 302# and 5'8 and my normal day is about 2k. When I'm actually trying to be mindful I'm at about 1700. I asked her afterward and she said the goal is to lose 1 pound per week and that's what I should be eating to get there.

I explained I rarely eat that much. She says "you're starving your body and that's why you haven't lost weight eating that little". I'd have to eat 3 decent meals plus a bunch of snacks throughout the day to hit 2400 when I typically eat 1-2 meals per day and maybe 1 snack after dinner. Snack ranging from 200-500 cal. She said eating 3 meals a day is crucial to my success.

This feels opposite to what I've always known about weight loss. I need some advice. She's right, I haven't lost much weight (about 30# in 2 years) but this seems fucked to eat that much in a day.

I committed to this study, I'm 1 week of 104 in..... Good lord.... Should I follow what she says?

submitted by /u/TheGreatChen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HO5D15

No comments:

Post a Comment