Saturday, September 7, 2019

Teachers: How do you stay on track during the school year?

I started my weight loss journey at the end of the last school year (middle of May) and things started off really great! Over the summer, I renewed my gym membership and was so motivated. Between May and August, I dropped 35ish pounds.

Now that school has started back up, I’m seeing my weight loss majorly slow. I know it’s normal for it to slow down, but I also know that a lot of it is due to my lack of motivation and self control. I’ve come across a few issues. The first being that I’m waking up three hours earlier than I did during the summer, so I get hungry earlier and end up eating more during the day. I’m still staying under my TDEE consistently, but my calorie deficit is definitely lower than it was over the summer. The second issue is SNACKS IN THE WORK ROOM. I have such a hard time resisting all the goodies that are often in the work room. I’ve been doing a decent job at portion control with these things, but I have a tough time just completely saying no. And lastly, I have no motivation to go to the gym. I’ve been maybe four or five times in the last few weeks, and my workouts are where I usually get a big part of my deficit from. On top of being back at work, I’m also a single mom. My gym does have a daycare, but it’s hard to want to go to the gym for an hour after work, then go straight home and rush to figure out something for dinner and do all of the evening routines at home and just go straight to bed basically. So I guess time management is a big issue.

So anyway, teachers, do you have any tips to stay on track during the school year? How do you find the motivation to get to the gym after work and the willpower to not snack throughout the day?

submitted by /u/throwaway555907
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZU8jAy

No comments:

Post a Comment