Thursday, September 5, 2019

Weight regain... what do I do?

Hi friends! I'm new to this sub but I was a longtime lurker. I'm looking for advice, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Three years ago at 22, I had a sleeve gastrectomy. I lost almost half my bodyweight - I was 189kg and went down to 92kg in eight months! It was an amazing time for me, and I'm honestly pretty sure it saved my life.

The honeymoon period lasted almost two years until last September, when I started gaining weight again. I've gained 10kgs since last September - this is a big kick in the gut to me, and I can see myself turning back into that awful monster I was all those years ago. I don't think it's my eating; I don't eat a lot these days because I don't have the room for it, and I know my sleeve is as tight and functional as it was the day it came out of surgery. I suspect it may be because I drink a lot more these days (not just alcohol, but most of my calories are drunk in the form of juices/shakes/milk - I'm an illustrator, and often forget to eat sitting over my Cintiq all day so drinking is faster than eating over 30 minutes for me) rather than overeating since that's physically impossible for me to do without hurting myself.

I was obese since childhood, however, and I don't think I ever got a good measure for my body or how it works; since all of my weight loss was food-restricted, I never ended up working out or doing much of ANYTHING and now that the weight is coming back, I'm not sure what to do. Should I be working out? I am a pretty weak person and I don't have any strength or stamina at all.

Do any of you have any advice to help me stop backsliding? I plan on seeing a doctor soon (I'm new to the United States! Your health system is confusing!) but any sort of tip or workout regimen or diet pointer would be super helpful to me.

Thank you so much for your kindness!

EDIT: Here's what I looked like before and after my surgery! https://imgur.com/a/DDlbDc9 lol they're out of order tho?? ok boomer

submitted by /u/twilitmirror
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34r11rp

No comments:

Post a Comment