Friday, October 4, 2019

10 years and still struggling, advice?

I’m nearing my twentieth birthday in less than a month. I’ve been trying to lose weight and become ‘skinny’ since I was 10 at least. From a young age, I suffered from stress eating and lacked any motivation to do physical activities like sports or other kinds of exercise. I routinely switched from diet to diet to diet. About 5 years ago, I stumbled onto low carb and decided to stick with it. At my lowest, I had gone from 290 to 190. Currently, I am about 220 (20M 6’). To be honest with you, I do not know what my goal weight should be, but I tend to just work toward a clothing size and a flat stomach. At first, I didn’t want to be overweight my senior year of high school. Then I didn’t want to be in college. Then I said I wouldn’t be by my twenties. Now here I am.

Anyways, I have a bad habit of going up and down on my weight. Each time I seem to have an amazing streak of weight loss and exercising and good dieting, something happens that sets me back. Right now I am in my sophomore year of college. Over the summer, I lost nearly 30 pounds in recovery from my weight gain freshman year. Yet once again, like last year, I am failing to constantly eat healthy and exercise. I live off campus so it is easier to diet, but I still find myself stopping at fast food restaurants when I’m stressed. That happened this week. I have been ‘casually’ cheating this entire week because this weekend I will be cheating a lot with my family who are visiting (terrible mindset, I know). I have avoided weighing because I do not even know how much weight I have gained (I feel like I have gained a lot but I don’t truly think I have).

Any tips for getting around these bumps and tribulations, especially combined with the added stresses of college life? I walk about 1-1.5 miles home usually 4 days a week, and when I am doing well, I workout 3-4 times a week. 2 at the least if I am working out at all that week. I also always take the stairs now and park further away from the entry of stores, little changes in life like those. I don’t buy unhealthy food to have at home, so when I cheat it is almost always at a restaurant or a convenience store. Obviously the first piece of advice would be to avoid going to those places, but that’s hard to do sometimes as I’m sure many of you know haha. I mainly just am wondering how any of you are getting through/got through college losing weight even with all the added problems? Please enlighten me.

submitted by /u/braeho
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30HxOFn

No comments:

Post a Comment