Friday, October 4, 2019

Vacation advice?

I just hit the two week mark of CICO/watching my macros and I'm feeling really great! I've even made it through the first big food holiday of the season (Rosh Hashanah) and while I definitely overate, I maintained an overall weekly deficit and it wasn't the end of the world. But now I'm starting to get nervous about an upcoming vacation and I'd love some advice about how to stay on track.

Next weekend, I'm going with my mom and younger sister to a resort in Mexico to celebrate my sister's birthday. There's going to be lots of delicious food and drink--neither my mom nor my sister have what I would consider to be super healthy eating habits and I know that I'm likely to overeat with them,

I'm a little bit concerned about getting off track while we spend the weekend together celebrating. I also don't want to limit myself or be "weird" around them!

My mom, who is my best friend, has a history of crash dieting and has always spoken really negatively about her body, which I think has heavily influenced my own resistance to weight loss/tendency towards binge eating in the past. They're both also a little bit more visibly "big" than me (because I'm a good 8-12" taller) so I worry that being too conscientious around her and my sister will make them feel bad/make me feel guilty (no need to comment on how messed up this is, I already know and I'm in therapy lol).

I'm trying to think ahead about how to have a good time in moderation. Luckily, we are preparing to shop at a market near the resort so that we can do most of our own cooking for the weekend, and I think the menu will be pretty seafood and vegetable heavy. I'm also committed to enjoying a few drinks, but will switch out my usual IPAs and fancy cocktails for vodka soda (for both efficiency and calorie's sake!) I've noticed that it only takes one drink to get me tipsy now that I'm drinking less and trying to stay in a deficit. The biggest problem will be the inevitable nightly desserts and snacks, but I can indulge if I have the calories and decline if not--hopefully without making it a "thing".

What other steps should I take to make sure I don't go overboard next weekend? Is it overkill to bring my portable food scale and measuring cups? My mom will probably insist on doing a lot of the cooking, but I think I can probably discreetly and politely measure my portions either before/after food is prepared. I assume the resort has a gym, so maybe I should also plan to do some cardio in the mornings before we get going for the day?

I want to enjoy myself but I don't want this weekend to be the thing that knocks me off my game! Any practical advice is welcome 🙏🏼

submitted by /u/bubblebubbeleh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OiImZa

No comments:

Post a Comment