Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Advice?

Hello, everyone.

It's my second post here, and I'm happy to say that even if it's minimal, I've gone down from 214 from the beginning of May to 205.4 yesterday! Another thing I've noticed is how much more toned my body is getting. The scale didn't budge for a long time, staying steady at 212, but since I started weightlifting my shirts fit looser and my thighs are noticeably more shapely. I'm very excited about these tiny changes. Even if I get discouraged sometimes (and by sometimes I mean a lot of times, haha). I won't lie: I've dropped the ball a couple of times, but one of the things I've started realizing is that even if I stumble and have to restart, it's not all the way back to level zero. I'm trusting myself to make this a lifestyle change and let it happen naturally. I hope to be at 200 flat by the end of October, so GW: 200 lb officially!

All that aside, I've noticed that I'm now in a very awkward position. My family is of varying shape, but they do pressure me into weight loss on the ... more negative side, I should say. I know they mean well, but their comments definitely aren't constructive.

However, another thing that I wasn't expecting was the fact that my roommates would also pose a problem. I adore them and we fit together very well, but they are considerably larger than me and their eating habits include lots of processed foods and take out. I'll admit that sometimes I indulge and partake with them, but I've been slowly minimizing the damage. I've left all beverages but water out, grab only grilled chicken, and ditch the fries. However, to avoid causing issues in my household, I haven't mentioned my weight loss at all.

Lately, the comments have started. They see me grabbing any meal at all and they outwardly wonder "how are you so skinny" (I'm not) and "how can you eat anything you want? you should be fat!". I've noticed these comments increase the more I go to the gym and eat healthier. I don't know if it's some sort of reverse psychology but I've been struggling with it.

Have you guys dealt with similar situations? How have you dealt with it? I'm determined to make sure it doesn't bother me but it would be nice to prevent it.

submitted by /u/alecaksau
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2opo05K

No comments:

Post a Comment