Sunday, October 13, 2019

Anybody use a drastic method to lose weight before switching to something healthier?

I’m 5’10, 22F, 152lbs (69kg) and while I know that I’m at a healthy-ish weight for my height, constant comments from family friends (e.g., “oh, did you gain weight again?” or “you should lose some weight!” or “you’d look better if you lost some weight like XYZ”) is starting to become old. That paired with the realization that I hate having pictures of myself taken because I only notice what I view as the fat parts of myself is making me serious about losing weight for the first time ever.

So I was wondering, has anyone started with a seriously drastic diet (eg., eating < 500 cal per day) to quickly shed off the extra “easy weight” first before switching to something more sustainable? If you did, how much weight did you lose initially? Did you gain any of it back once you switched diets? What are the potential negative consequences of drastic weight loss methods?

My goal weight is to be around 127lbs (58kg), we’ll see if I can ever manage to actually get there...

submitted by /u/joonmin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IHnFm7

No comments:

Post a Comment