Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Challenged myself to weigh everything today before logging

Holy moly, I've been eating a ton of Wishful Thinking calories. My "half tablespoon" of butter and "three cups" of air popped popcorn is actually 15 g (a tablespoon is 14g) of butter and 66 g popcorn (according to myfitnesspal, three cups of air popped popcorn is 90 calories while 66 grams is 252 calories) . 100 g of salmon is like...no salmon.

I'm 5'2. My margin between weight loss, weight gain, and infinite plateau is small enough that 400 calories of wishful thinking can definitely nuke my progress (not to mention my motivation). That's like a fourth of my BMR.

How do you navigate between all or nothing thinking and forming sustainable habits?

I get that certain foods are more calorie dense than others. It just seems like all of them are too calorie dense when you want to eat as much as you'd want. So do I weigh everything from now on? I feel like an idiot that I've been gaining weight eating "healthy snacks" because I've been a total cow about weighing the amount of popcorn I eat.

I am not new to dieting. I am perfectly aware of how much a cup is. Why do we self sabotage like this? Has anyone else had this sort of experience?

submitted by /u/IncognitHo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pedk58

No comments:

Post a Comment