Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I’m new! Could use some tips/ motivation

Hello! I’m not new to weight loss journeys but I am new to this community. I’m trying something new to help me hold myself accountable and I figured a community would help.

5’3” F SW:165 GW: 120-129 CW: 137

So I fluctuate A LOT and I don’t know if it’s a genetic thing or a lifestyle thing but I have a huge range where I actually like my body and it’s between 120 and 135. But I always wanna aim for the lower end because the closer I get to the higher end, I feel like I might spiral into my old habits and undo the 2/3 years of work I just did.

I’m on a mostly whole food plant based diet with no oil which makes it really hard to eat out anywhere most of the time but lately I find myself craving all the vegan junk food I used to eat when I was heavier. Also, as vegan food has gotten pretty popular, it’s hard to resist trying all the new products that come out. I lost a lot of weight switching to this diet at first without even trying because the food I could eat was basically all healthy. I didn’t really have to learn to resist processed food but now I do.

I also binge eat when I’m stressed out or bored or depressed (which is often 😅) and find it hard to not overeat even healthy stuff (because a calorie is a calorie after all) like fruit or nuts.

Another problem I’m having is alcohol. I’m 26 and my friends like to get together and drink and chat even just one on one, not necessarily partying. I find it hard to resist drinking a bottle of wine on a Saturday night even just sitting in my living room by myself watching a movie. I wouldn’t say I have a drinking problem but I enjoy drinking 2-3 times a week. I stopped drinking beer completely and that’s helped a LOT. but I still love my wine and cocktails.

I recently started exercising for the first time in a long time (4 months) but I’m having a hard time not becoming bored. I do yoga or HIIT body weight workouts. The last hiit workout I did was only about 25 minutes and I was dying. I couldn’t even finish it and had to keep pausing to catch my breath. How do you start working out again after a long break and find a way to enjoy it when you’ve become to out of shape? It’s very discouraging to not be able to finish a video I was able to do easily only a few months ago.

Any advice, encouragement, tips etc. appreciated!

(Note: I am vegan for the animals so please no anti vegan talk/ advice! :) it will fall on deaf ears )

submitted by /u/winter_irises
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MFo4I2

No comments:

Post a Comment